What to Do
• Wipe up spills immediately.
• Use door mats outside room entrances, as well as in front of the kitchen sink and refrigerator, to help keep dirt and grit off of your floor. This also helps to prevent damage and excessive wear.
• Place runners and area rugs with slip-resistant backings along high-traffic areas.
• Move heavy appliances and furniture by sliding them on a piece of thick carpet, placed face-down.
• Use furniture leg protector pads under all furniture legs.
• Keep the relative humidity in your home between 45% and 55%
• Protect your floor from direct sunlight over long periods of time.
What Not to Do
• Allow water to stand on your floor for any length of time.
• Walk across your floor in spike heels or any sharp object protruding from your shoe.
• Allow heavy furniture to rest on the small metal tips or hard plastic domes.
• Use any of the following products, or those similar in nature, on your floor:
Ammonia | Fantastik™ | Formula 409™ | Dishwashing Detergents | Endust™, Pledge™, Mop & Glo™, Murhpy's™ Oil, & Other Polishes | Powdered All-Purpose Cleaners
Spills and Accidents
Accidents happen, but they can be remedied. Many companies have flooring care and maintenance products that make it easy to deal with minor problems, such as:
Nail Polish Stains | Lipstick Stains | Rubber Heel Scuff Marks | Food and Beverage Stains